LIMITED TIME OFFER – Get 40% OFF on KNOWLEDGE LEVEL – Click Here
For example: -10234.35
No other characters, including commas, are accepted.
(1) Automated systems for data capture are generally more reliable than data capture requiring input by individuals.
(2) As a general rule, secondary information is more expensive to collect than primary data. Which of the above statements is/are true?
Which of the following statements regarding big data and decision-making is/are true?
(1) Strategic planning is concerned with making decisions about the efficient and effective use of existing resources.
(2) Operational control is about ensuring that specific tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively.
Which TWO of the following are ways that Del Co could use the information collected from the website and customer loyalty cards?
Employee time spent filling in purchase requisitions 600
Use of barcodes and scanners to record inventory 200
Storage of sales information no longer needed 400
Time taken by staff to input data into production system 900What were the total direct data capture costs for Tom Co for April 20X8?
(1) Management information is often produced from transaction processing systems.
(2) The data used in management information systems comes mainly from sources within the organisation and its operations.
Which of the above statements is/are true?
(1) Budgeting is commonly associated with decision-making at the operational planning level within a management hierarchy.
(2) Operational control decisions in general are more narrowly focused and have a shorter time horizon than management control decisions.
The following costs of capturing this information have been identified:
Which of these costs would be considered as “indirect” costs of producing the information?
(1) Feedback is information produced from a system that is used by management to take action to control further inputs to the system.
(2) Information for benchmarking purposes may be obtained from both internal and external sources.
The following table details the costs of the swipe card system in its first year:
Purchase price of the swipe system (vendor list price) 100,000 Invoiced and paid
Installation costs of the system (negotiated with vendor) 20,000 Invoiced and paid
Pre-launch testing costs (in-house) 17,000 Salaries time spent
Cost per 100 swipe cards 5,000 1,000 cards purchased
in the first year
Apportionment of the technology insurance cost 9,000 Fixed cost
Salary of clerk employed to collate and distribute
swipe card system information 36,000 Fixed cost
What is the indirect cost of producing the information required in the first year of the swipe card system?
He has estimated that it will take 4 weeks of his time to prepare the report. As well as other incremental costs he has estimated that the total cost of preparing the report will be $28,000.
This report is an example of bad information. Which one of the principles of good information does it breach?
Which of the following is a disadvantage of using a wireless network in this way?
Which of the following would NOT be an effective control procedure for the generation and distribution of the information within the government department?