Audit and Assurance Study Videos – 50% OFF – Promo Code : 50FIFTY – Quick Purchase
For example: -10234.35
No other characters, including commas, are accepted.
1 / 10
1. Long-term sales forecasts are an example of accounting information used at which level of control in an organisation?
2 / 10
2. Which three of the following are not ‘v’s associated with big data?
3 / 10
3. Big data analytics usually involves the analysis of unstructured data.
Which of the following is an example of unstructured data?
4 / 10
4. Which of the following are methods of direct data capture?
5 / 10
5. Which two of the following statements regarding big data are true?
6 / 10
6. Which of the following is an example of local networking?
7 / 10
7. Which of the following is an example of an Expert Systems (ES)?
8 / 10
8. The qualities of good information contained in reports are more easily remembered using the mnemonic ACCURATE.
Which one of the following is NOT normally associated with a quality of good information?
9 / 10
9. Which of the following controls helps to ensure that data input is accurate?
10 / 10
10. Local managers within organisations often use operational reports. Which of the following features of reports would be most true of an operational report?
Your score is
Please rate this quiz
1 / 16
11. Which TWO of the following are benefits of wireless technology?
2 / 16
12. Which of the following terms is used to describe an information system that provides senior executives with online access to important information obtained from both internal and external sources?
3 / 16
13. Indicate, by selecting the relevant boxes, whether each of the following of the controls help to ensure the security of highly confidential information.
A. Hierarchical passwords
4 / 16
B. Logical access controls
5 / 16
C. Range checks
6 / 16
D. Database controls
7 / 16
14. The following statements have been made about data and information.
(1) Automated systems for data capture are generally more reliable than data capture requiring input by individuals.
(2) As a general rule, secondary information is more expensive to collect than primary data. Which of the above statements is/are true?
8 / 16
15. Are the following statements about management information systems true or false?
A. They have an external focus.
9 / 16
B. They are designed to report on existing operations.
10 / 16
16. Which of the following methods would be LEAST effective in ensuring the security of confidential information?
11 / 16
17. Which TWO of the following are typical advantages of investing in a new information system?
12 / 16
18. Which of the following controls may be applied to data input, processing and storage and data output?
13 / 16
19. Which of the following is NOT an internal source of management information?
14 / 16
20. Are the following statements about big data true or false?
A. Big data analytics requires adherence to data privacy laws
15 / 16
C. Big data analytics improves organisational decision-making.
16 / 16
D. Big data analytics enables large quantities of data to be examined quickly.
1 / 15
21. Which of the following combinations describe the purposes of management information?
2 / 15
22. Are the following statements about big data true or false?
A. Social media is a source of big data.
3 / 15
B. Big data can be used to provide insights into costs.
4 / 15
23. Which of the following would show information on the frequency of machine breakdowns causing lost productions?
5 / 15
24. Identify whether the information in the table below is from an internal or external source.
A. Listing employee records from the company’s payroll system
6 / 15
B. Looking through sales records for the last year
7 / 15
C. Reading business magazines
8 / 15
D. Interviewing potential customers
9 / 15
25. Which of the following is the most reliable source of information on a country’s inflation rate?
10 / 15
25. Decisions about which of the following would most likely be taken by management at the tactic level?
11 / 15
26. Decisions about which of the following would most likely be taken by management at the tactic level?
12 / 15
27. Strategic reports have many features, which of the following is the most likely feature of a strategic report?
13 / 15
28. An airline wants to provide access to a select group of travel agents to real time information held by the airline regarding flights which may have the potential for passenger seat upgrades.
Which of the following is likely to be used to achieve this?
14 / 15
29. Which of the following is NOT considered a risk when using big data to enhance business decision making?
15 / 15
30. It is often said that big data enhances business decisions.
Which of the following statements regarding big data and decision-making is/are true?
Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance