Please read all instructions. When you are finished click 'Next' to move to the next screen.
Read each question carefully.
When you answer a question, your answer will automatically be saved.
You can revisit questions and change your answers at any time during the exam.
The only permitted characters for numerical answers are:
One full stop as a decimal point if required
One minus symbol at the front of the figure if the answer is negative.
No other characters, including commas, are accepted.
Navigating between questions
to move to the next question.
to move back to the previous question.
Click on a question number from the Exam Progress Details panel (see next page) to move directly to that question.
A message will be displayed when you click to move away from a question which has been partially attempted. You can choose to stay on the question and review your answer(s) or continue.
When reviewing your answer(s) for partially attempted questions ensure you read any message displayed in red text below the question
in Section A or below the question
part(s) in Section B
Note: Where a message is displayed, the answer(s) provided will not be marked.
1. The following statements relate to management accounting;
(i) Management Accounting is historical accounting.
(ii) Management Accounting is used for planning, decision making and control.
(iii) Management Accounting is not a statutory requirement.
Which of the statements are correct?
(i) and (ii)
(ii) and (iii)
2. What is the manager of a cost centre mostly responsible for?
Employee well being
3. “Management accounts are prepared whenever required, whilst financial accounts are prepared annually.” This statement is;
4. Which of the following is incorrect?
Management accounting is future accounting
Management accounting uses only historical information
Management accounting is carried out whenever required
Management accounting is not required by law
5. Which of the following are roles carried out by the management accountant? Select all that apply.
A. Preparing Variance reports
B. Preparing budgets
C. Providing assurance on financial statements
D. Preparing cash flow statements
6. At the strategic level, decisions are made and passed down. Which level is responsible for implementing work on a day-to-day basis in order to make those decisions successful?
7. Which of the following statements refer to the strategic level? Select all that apply.
A. Decisions are made for the long term.
B. The Chief Financial Officer is at this level.
C. Usually responsible for the operations and future of the business.
D. They get involved in day to day activities of lower level employees.
8. Which of the following statements are correct?
(i) The strategic level is involved in formulating the long term plans of the organization
(ii) The tactical Level is involved in the day-to-day operations of the organization
(iii) The operational level breaks down the long term plans and formulates strategies to achieve them
(i) and (ii)
(i) and (iii)
All of the above
9. Jason is the manager of a production department at RFS PLC. He is provided with the monthly budgeted and actual expenditure for his department. He is then responsible for improving the departments performance further. Which of the following describes Jason’s role?
A cost center manager
An investment center manager
A revenue center manager
A profit center manager
10. Which of the following relates to management accounting and which to financial accounting?
A. Contains both financial and non-financial information
B. Prepared in accordance with certain standards and formats