Please read all instructions. When you are finished click 'Next' to move to the next screen.
Read each question carefully.
When you answer a question, your answer will automatically be saved.
You can revisit questions and change your answers at any time during the exam.
The only permitted characters for numerical answers are:
One full stop as a decimal point if required
One minus symbol at the front of the figure if the answer is negative.
No other characters, including commas, are accepted.
Navigating between questions
to move to the next question.
to move back to the previous question.
Click on a question number from the Exam Progress Details panel (see next page) to move directly to that question.
A message will be displayed when you click to move away from a question which has been partially attempted. You can choose to stay on the question and review your answer(s) or continue.
When reviewing your answer(s) for partially attempted questions ensure you read any message displayed in red text below the question
in Section A or below the question
part(s) in Section B
Note: Where a message is displayed, the answer(s) provided will not be marked.
1. The costs incurred at a laundry for the past month are as follows;
Washing Liquid $100
Number of washes was 300.
Find the cost per wash.
2. Which of the following are service sector industries(select all that apply)?
A. Audit Firms
3. Which of the following is the most appropriate cost unit for a delivery company?
Cost per employee labour hour rate
4. The figures below relate to two courier companies.
Company 1 Company 2
Total cost $500,000 $300,000
Distance transported 200,000 KM 120,000KM
Petrol Used 4000 litres 1900 litres
Based on the figures,
Company 2 is more efficient than company 1 overall
Company 1 is more efficient than company 2 overall
Both companies have the same efficiency
Company 2 has better efficiency with petrol use
5. Which of the following are characteristics of service sector organizations?
High inventory levels
Difficulty identifying suitable cost units
Product expires almost instantly
6. The following are costs incurred at a hotel.
Cleaning charges per room $50 per clean
Washing charges per bedroom set $12 per wash
Other fixed costs $40 per room per day
On a particular day, if 30 out of 40 rooms in the hotel were occupied, each bound for one clean and wash, what is the cost per room for that day?
7. Which of the following can be considered for the costing of the services offered by a canteen(select all that apply)?
A. Food cost
B. Water fee
C. Garbage disposal fee
D. Building manager salary
E. Gas cooker repair fee
All of the above
8. Which of the following is an example of a service offered?
Home based bakery
Manufacturer of scented candles
Tax computation for a grocery store done by an independent accountant
Taxi driver who sells food made by his wife
9. “RD is a consultancy firm. They have a bakery in their office building, which is also open to the general public. Despite this, RD falls as a service sector business” – The statement is;
10. The management accountant at SJ Associates says that the cost of maintenance service they offer to clients must also account for the equipment depreciation. Can the depreciation be considered for the costing of the services offered?
It can be considered for the equipment that is being used for the service
It can be considered for all equipment that is taken to a job site, regardless of being used