1. Is the following statement true or false?
The decisions made by Committees are usually made more hastily than individuals as they consist of more professionals, thus a larger pool of skills and knowledge.
2. K, D and A work in different departments in the firm ABC Co. They are members of the permanent 'staff committee' which meets on a monthly basis to discuss staff issues such as pensions and benefits. They to listen to communication from staff within their department and raise issues on behalf of their department at committee meetings. What would this type of committee be considered as?
3. The UK Corporate Governance Code has a requirement that states the remuneration committee of a large company determines the:
(i) Director’s remuneration packages.
(ii) Rates of pay for all of the company’s staff.
Considering the following options above, which would be correct?
4. Managers Kieran and Lester are talking about how to resolve a business issue they are facing. Kieran suggests that a committee should be formed to discuss the issues. Lester comes up with the following arguments about committees:
(i) They invite a compromise instead of a clear-cut decision, there is no win-win situation
(ii) Time-consuming and expensive
Out of the above statements, which would be considered as true?
5. The UK Corporate Governance Code has a requirement for three committees to be formed consisting of NEDs. Which three of the following fall under this category?
A. Nomination committee
B. Stakeholder committee
C. Shareholder committee
D. Ethics committee
E. Audit committee
F. Remuneration committee
6. Naina is part of the remuneration committee and has been appointed as Chair. Which of the following would be considered as a part of her responsibilities?
7. Consider the following statement, is it true or false?
Committees may fail to recommend decisive action where needed, due to the need for compromise between members.
8. Consider the following duties, the secretary of a committee would be responsible for which of these?
9. The Committee Chairman’s roles might include which of the following?
10. Which of the following types of committee is often temporary in nature and is formed to complete a particular task?