1. Which of the following is a not a type of meetings of a company?
2. Which pair of resolutions can be passed by a meeting?
3. In order to reach a decision in a meeting, a special resolution requires,
4. In order to reach a decision in a meeting, private companies can pass a,
5. How many days' notice is required for a meeting at which a special resolution is to be voted on?
6. Declaring dividends and electing directors takes place in which of the following types of meeting?
7. How many days' notice is required for a general meeting to be held?
8. Which of the following is NOT a business conducted during an annual general meeting?
9. Which of the below mentioned parties CANNOT call a meeting?
10. Which TWO of the following parties must receive a notice for a meeting?
A. Company secretary
B. Every member
C. Every director
D. Every auditor
11. A special resolution may NOT be required for which of the following?
12. Members may require the directors to call a GM if they hold at least ___ % of the paid-up voting capital. Which of the following suits the blank?
13. On a vote on a show of hands, how many votes is each member granted?
14. As a minimum, what percentage of the members can agree to a shorter notice period in respect of a general meeting?
15. The net assets of Lisa plc have fallen to less than half of the paid-up share capital of the company. In order to discuss this case, which of the following types of meeting should be held?
16. Which TWO of the following correctly refers about a quorum?
A. Minimum number of members that needs to be present at a meeting in order to validate business.
B. A poll may be demanded by members holding at least 10% of the total voting rights.
C. Maximum number of members that needs to be present at a meeting in order to validate business.
D. A poll may be demanded by members holding at least 5% of the total voting rights.
17. A special resolution must be filed with the Registrar within how many days?
18. Which TWO of the following are rights of a proxy at a general meeting?
A. To requisition a resolution at the meeting
B. To vote on a poll but not show of hands
C. To speak at the meeting
D. To demand a poll
19. Select the CORRECT statement/s.
i. The text of special resolutions must be set out in full in the notice convening the meeting,
ii. Ordinary resolutions, those relating to share capital, have to be delivered to the registrar for filing.
20. The shareholders who request to convene a meeting must deposit a _________ at the registered office or make the request in electronic form. Which of the following suits the blank?
21. Select the TWO Incorrect statements from the following.
A. An ordinary resolution is required for the alteration of articles.
B. A special resolution is required for the Winding up the company.
C. A signed copy of every special resolution must be delivered to the Registrar for filing.
D. A signed copy of every ordinary resolution must be delivered to the Registrar for filing.
22. Select the INCORRECT statement/s.
i. A member of a public company may only appoint one proxy, but the proxy has a statutory right to speak at the meeting.
ii. A plc must hold its AGM within six months of its year end.
23. Minutes of company meetings must be kept for:
24. The ordinary business of an annual general meeting includes which of the following?
25. Within How many days' the written resolution is required to be passed from its circulation?
26. Which TWO of the following are the contents of a notice?
A. Date, time and place of the meeting.
B. The directors who would participate.
C. The text of any special resolutions.
D. The details of the dividends to be approved.