1. Which of the following cannot be implied terms?
2. Choose the correct statement which correctly describes express terms.
3. A breach of which of the types of terms can result in damages ONLY?
4. Select from the following that describes a pre-contractual statement which does not form a term of a contract but induces the contract?
5. Consider the following three statements and choose the CORRECT answer.
i. Common law doesn’t apply to all contracts.
ii. Unfair Consumer Terms Act 1977 doesn’t apply to business to consumer contracts.
iii. Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies only to business to consumer contracts.
6. An exclusion clause can be incorporated into a contract by several ways. Which of the below DOES NOT belong to such ways?
7. Select the TWO correct statements regarding Innominate term.
A. If the term is breached and the other party loses PART of the benefit of the contract- then it was a warranty.
B. If the term is breached and the other party loses PART of the benefit of the contract- then it was a condition.
C. If the term is breached and the other party loses WHOLE benefit of the contract- then it was a warranty
D. If the term is breached and the other party loses WHOLE benefit of the contract- then it was a condition.
8. Breach of which of the following terms does NOT allow the possibility of the aggrieved party terminating the contract?
9. An innominate term is one that could either be classified as a condition or a warranty. Based on what determination is the innominate term classified as above?
10. Which of the following statement/s is/are CORRECT?
i. Exclusion contracts fall under CRA 2015.
ii. Exclusion contracts need to be reasonable.
iii.Exclusion clauses need not to be fair.
11. In relation to contract law, which of the following describes a condition?
12. Which of the following are TRUE with concerns to Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977?
A. The UCTA 1977 applies to clauses that attempts to limit liability for negligence.
B. The UCTA 1977applies to business-to-consumer contracts.
C. The UCTA 1977 does not apply to contracts of insurance.
D. The UCTA 1977 applies to contracts relating to transfer of land.
13. When a term in a consumer contract is unfair and contrary to the good faith, the Act uses a fairness test.
Which of the following does the Act considers?
i. The nature of the subject matter of the contract.
ii. The circumstance existing when the term was agreed.
14. Which of the following is TRUE regarding exclusion clauses?
15. ‘A written term must be expressed in an intelligible language and customers must be given a chance to read and understand all the terms given in a contract’.
Which of the requirement of a contract under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, does the above statement refer to?
16. Sun Ltd has broken one of the terms of its contract with Moon Ltd. Which of the following is correct, if that term was a warranty?
17. Select the correct option.
i. Terms implied by custom can be overridden.
ii. A business is classed as a plaintiff if it does not make the contract in the course of its business.
18. Which of the following ways express terms are incorporated into a contract?
19. For an exclusion clause to be valid, there are two conditions to be fulfilled. Which of the following is NOT one such?
20. A statutory test of reasonableness is conducted unless the clauses are not void. Which of the following guidelines will NOT be taken into consideration by the court?
21. How can an exclusion clause be incorporated into a contract?
22. Which of the following entitles the innocent party to repudiate the contract and claim for damages?