1. Which type of the following does an employee has?
2. Which of the following is NOT one such tests conducted to determine the employee’s status?
3. Select the statement that correctly describes an employee.
4. Which of the following is INCORRECT?
5. An employer is in charge of his employee as to how, where and when he works. Which type of tests does this refer to?
6. Which of the following are remedies for breach of common law duties?
A. Claim for constructive dismissal.
B. Claim for unfair dismissal.
C. Treat the contract as discharged.
7. What will a contract of employment will consist of?
8. Select the INCORRECT statements regarding employed and self- employed?
A. Employed are entitled and must register for VAT.
B. Employment protection isn’t available for self- employed individuals.
C. The self- employed are taxed for income tax.
D. Employed are directly responsible to HM Revenue & Customs and tax due.
9. Jim, a driver was provided with a car by his employer to be maintained and repaired under Jim’s account. The Ministry of Pensions claimed that Jim was, in fact, an employee for whom the company should make the employer's insurance contributions. Select the TWO CORRECT statements based on the above situation.
A. An integration test has to be conducted on the above case.
B. Jim is self- employed transport contractor, therefore; the company isn’t required to make the contributions.
C. Jim is an employee; therefore, the company should make the required contributions.
D. A multiple test has to be conducted on the above case.
10. The terms that are agreed by the parties themselves in an employment contract is called?
11. Which of the following is an implied duty?
12. Which ONE of the following is a common law duty of an employer?
13. Which of the following is NOT a right that maybe granted to a pregnant employee?
14. Select the CORRECT statement/s.
i. An employer has an implied duty to provide a reference.
ii. An employer has an implied duty to behave reasonably and responsibly towards employees.
15. Which TWO of the following should a 'principal statement' include?
A. Details of continuous employment
B. Holiday entitlement
C. Job title
D. Pension scheme details
16. Which of the following are sources of terms of a contract of employment?
i. Custom and practice.
ii. A collective agreement between the trade union and the employer.
17. Which of the following is NOT a right granted to employees in relation to new children?
18. Select the CORRECT statement regarding statutory duties.
A. Provide itemized pay statements.
B. A maximum working week of 60 hours.
C. Time off for ante-natal care.
19. Under the Employment Rights Act 1996, a written ________ must be given to employees within two months of starting work. Which of the following suits the given blank?
20. Which ONE of the following is a statutory right that an employer owes his employees?
21. The written statement that is given to an employee by his employer must include, which TWO of the following?
B. Payment details
C. Job description
D. Who to go to with grievance
22. Pregnant employees have the right to apply for flexible working. Nevertheless, employers may reasonably refuse such requests. Which of the following is NOT a valid reason to refuse?
23. Fred works in Zee Ltd. The terms in his contract of employment were varied without his consent. Select from the following what can Fred do regarding the change?
24. Which of the following individuals can be NOT considered a self- employed?
25. Tara works at Daisy Flowers Ltd. Which ONE of the following factors is consistent with her being treated as self-employed?
26. To examine whether, the skilled employee is part of the employer's organisation, which type of tests is applied?
27. Two employees of a company which manufactured unique and popular apparels worked in the weekends for a rival company. Which of the following terms implied by the courts have been breached?
28. Ben was employed for nine months at Red Ltd and then was given a holiday four six months, on his return to work, he would have completed 15 calendar months. Which of the following TRUE with concerns to the above situation?
i. Until Ben completes another three months of service, he will not be eligible for the employment protection given to those employees with a year's continuous service.
ii. Ben is not required to complete another three months of service, for him to be eligible for the employment protection given to those employees with a year’s continuous service.
29. Select the TWO correct answers.
i. Pay agreed wages.
ii. Perform duties personally.
iii. No duty to provide reference.
A - (l) and (lll) are common law duties of employer.
B - (l) is employee’s common law duty and (ll) is employer’s common law duty.
C - (l) is employer’s common law duty and (ll) is employee’s common law duty.
D - (lll) applies to neither employee nor employer.