1. William has been responsible for preparing last year’s financial statements. He is asked by his boss to then be responsible for the auditing of the financial statements. What ethical threat will William potentially face?
2. William has discovered that there is fradulent activity going on in his workplace. Who should he bring this up to first?
3. You are asked by your immediate boss to perform a task you are certain of appears unethical, what would be the first step you would take?
4. Is the following statement true or false?
Will comes to the decision to contact the authorities to tell them about the fraud. This disclosure is known as whistblowing and is a breach of confidentiality.
5. Kieran threatens to reduce William’s pay for the month should he not fiddle with the financial figures in a way that appears favourable to Kieran’s company.
What threat does this represent?
6. Kieran is facing an ethical dilemma. When deciding what his course of action should be, he is concerned with making sure that the outcome of his decision will benefit himself.
Which approach to ethical decision-making did Kieran go ahead with?
7. In regards to conflict of interest, which option would not be considered?