1. Which of the following are NOT bound to one bound to one another by the articles of association?
2. A person who undertakes to form a company and who takes the necessary steps to accomplish that purpose is called a?
3. Which of the following is NOT a document that needs to be sent to the Registrar to register a company?
4. According to companies Act 2006, the constitution of a company consists of,
5. When the promoter doesn’t disclose his secret profits made, the company may not,
6. Are companies permitted to change their names and domiciles?
7. The memorandum of association of a company must be signed by:
8. Which of the following is NOT a fiduciary duty of a promoter?
9. Which TWO of the following are contents of articles?
A. Class meetings
B. Directors' powers
C. Promoter’s rights
D. Administration rules
10. Even when it is possible to hold a meeting and pass a special resolution, alteration of the articles is restricted by certain principles. Which one of the following is NOT one such principle?
11. The statement that provides confirmation that CA06 has been complied with is called a?
12. The statement that is signed by all subscribers and stating that they wish to form a company and agree to become members of the company is called a?
13. The statement that states the maximum amount each member undertakes to contribute is called a?
14. Two features of an off-the-shelf company are,
A. Pre-incorporation should be done.
B. Cheap and simple.
C. Can trade immediately.
D. Expensive and complicated.
15. Which of the following statement/s is/are true?
i. Is not possible to amend or update the memorandum of a company formed under CA06.
ii. Whether the members will have limited liability (by shares or guarantee) is included in application for registration.
16. In which one of the following situations is a name of the company be forced to change?
17. In order to obtain a trading certificate by a PLC, an application must be made to the registrar which states which TWO of the following?
A. The amount of preliminary expenses and who has paid or is to pay them.
B. The nominal value of allotted share capital ≥ £25,000.
C. Any benefits given or to be given to promoters.
D. That at least a quarter of the nominal value of ≥ £25,000 has been paid up.
18. Rim Co has acquired Lim Co. Select the TWO from the following that is contrary to prove Rim Co is a parent company of Lim Co.
A. Rim Co is a member of Lim Co and has no right to appoint or remove any of Lim Co’s directors.
B. Rim Co holds a majority of the voting rights in Lim Co.
C. Rim Co has the right to exercise a dominant influence over Lim Co.
D. Rim Co prepares individual financial statements for both the companies.
19. A group of friends wish to set up a business. They wish to limit their liability for the business' debts to an amount that they agree to when the business is formed. Which of the following businesses is most suitable to the needs of the group?
20. A company’s contractual capacity before incorporation is limited in that it may:
21. If the Registrar of Companies is satisfied with the documents submitted to him for registration by AB Ltd, he will issue a _______ which enables the company to commence trading immediately.
22. A change in the name of the company by S77 of Companies Act 2006 can be done through?
23. The details of a person with significant control (PSC) are included in a separate register. A (PSC) is anyone in the company who,
24. The name of the company must comply with certain rules. Which of the following is not one such rule?
25. The articles of association form the company’s internal constitution. Which of the following is/are correct?
i. They set out the manner in which the company is to be governed.
ii. They include the details of all money received and spent, and the records of assets and liabilities.
26. Which of the following is a correct rule concerning company names?
27. The annual confirmation statement filed with Companies House must include information related to certain changes. Changes to which of the TWO from the following must be included?
A. The address of the company location.
B. The address of the company's registered office.
C. A statement of guarantee and capital.
D. Details of directors and company secretary.