1. Mr KD, the manager of a division currently going through a business downturn, makes attempts to protect the employees from the effects of downsizing: taking time for consultation, organising counselling and refusing to institute compulsory redundancies.
Which of the following cultural types identified in the Hofstede model does this manager represent?
2. Kieran begins a new job at a company. He soon finds that all staff members dress formally. According to Schein, which level of culture is John observing?
3. The working population in country K display the following characteristics: toughness and the desire for material wealth and possessions, whereas the working population in country D value personal relationships, belonging and the quality of life.
According to Hofstede's theory, which of the cultural dimensions would these distinctions belong to?
4. Is the following statement true or false?
‘The sum of the belief, knowledge, attitudes, norms and customs that prevail in an organisation,’ was the way in which Handy expressed culture.
5. Which of the following statements on strong values would be considered as true?
6. According to Handy, which of the following would be classified as cultural types?
7. In regards to underlying factors which determine culture would be considered the deepest set and the hardest to manage?
8. There was a certain writer who had come up with the following conclusion:
The first leaders of the organisation tend to define its later culture.
9. Hofstede's analysis of national cultures would not include which two of the following options?
D. Uncertainty avoidance
10. In terms of the Cultural Web, which of the following would not be an element?