1. At 1 October 20X4, BK had accrued interest payable of $12,000.
During the year ended 30 September 20X5, BK charged finance costs of $41,000 to its statement of profit or loss, including unwinding a discount relating to a provision stated at its present value of $150,000 at 1 October 20X4. The closing balance on accrued interest payable account at 30 September 20X5 was $15,000, and BK has a discount rate of 6%
How much interest paid should BK show on its statement of cash flows for the year ended 30 September 20X5?
2. Which item would be NOT be shown in a statement of cash flows using the indirect method?
3. The carrying amount of property, plant and equipment was $410 million at 31 March 20X1 and $680 million at 31 March 20X2. During the year, property with a carrying amount of $210 million was revalued to $290 million. The depreciation charge for the year was $115 million. There were no disposals.What amount will appear on the statement of cash flows for the year ended 31 March 20X2 in respect of purchases of property, plant and equipment?
4. The statement of financial position of Pinto Co at 31 March 20X7 showed property, plant and equipment with a carrying amount of $1,860,000.
At 31 March 20X8 it had increased to $2,880,000. During the year to 31 March 20X8 plant with a carrying amount of $240,000 was sold at a loss of $90,000, depreciation of $280,000 was charged and $100,000 was added to the revaluation surplus in respect of property, plant and equipment.
What amount should appear under 'investing activities' in the statement of cash flows of Pinto Co for the year ended 31 March 20X8 as cash paid to acquire property, plant and equipment?
5. IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows sets out the three main headings to be used in a statement of cash flows.Which TWO of the items below would be included under the heading 'Cash flows from operating activities' according to IAS 7?