1. Profits have been as follows ($m):
2000 2001 2002 2003 2004
4.1 3.7 3.5 3.8 3.9
When converted to index numbers with base 2000, the index for 2004 is;
2. Which of the following statements about the base year is/are correct?
3. The following price index has undergone a change of base in 2012.
Year Price Index(2002 = 100)
Year Price Index(2012=100)
What will the index value for 2010 be if was based on the base year of 2012?
4. Over a 24 month period, Company X's sales have been found to have an underlying linear trend of Y=6.453 + 2.638X, where Y is the number of items sold and X represents the month. If the volume of sales in month 25 is expected to be 1.15 times the trend value, what is the forecast number of items to be sold in month 25(to the nearest whole number)?
5. Using an additive time series model, the quarterly trend in a company's operating profit is given by Y=75 + 12T, where Y is the forecast profit and and T is the quarter(starting with T=1 in the first quarter of 20X4. If the seasonal component for the third quarter is -25, then what is the forecast for the company's operating profit for the third quarter of 20X7?